Ain't it funny how life changes?



Cue the Thomas Rhett Song.  If you don't know this song, or worse yet- don't like country music- are we even friends?  It is kinda my motto right now.  

It seems like when our little family does life changes, we do it BIG.  And this year, we have some biggies coming our way.  

 I figured it would only be right to bring back my poor, sad, lacking attention blog that I started when we moved here to document the fun that is to come.  Well- fun might be a subjective term and I use it a bit sarcastically. Between figuring out our next chapter (where in the world will be go next?!) and our newest arrival... it will be a fun year to share, and if nothing else- I will enjoy looking back on it all someday.  So here we go...



We are entering what is likely going to be our final year in Israel and Ledoux will be celebrating her birthday over here for the third consecutive year.  So crazy to think that this is the third birthday she will have in Israel.  I never in a million years would have thought the time would have gone this fast.  I definitely would have never thought I would love it here.  And now, the thought of leaving leaves me teary eyed.  I love living in Israel- even with the crazy that only can be experienced in this small country... it is a place that has become very much a part of me.  There is truly no other place in the world like it. 


If you missed the big announcement that I thought would never actually come (like-NEVER come as in I wasn't sure we'd ever have another child)- we are going to be a family of 4! SAY WHAAAAT? Yep, that is currently a child growing inside of me. Your shock was nothing compared to mine, I assure you.  REAL TALK for a minute: It took me a solid few weeks to mourn my life of happy hours and wine on the beach and traveling whenever to wherever  and life as I knew it. I don't care if you judge me, its true. And the icing on the cake was knowing this little baby would be born in Israel- not exactly my ideal place to have a baby.  Given how difficult everything can be in Israel... the thought of having a baby out here terrified me (and still does, to be honest!) Between the differences in care, delivery, and lack of shopping options (hello- part of the fun of having a girl is shopping!) it is going to be much, much different than my experience with Ledoux.  Im excited to share it on my blog and document this next crazy chapter.  I have no doubt I will look back on the stories and laugh at them someday.
Practicing with dolls!

Oh, and did you catch that last paragraph?  Yep, its a girl! Lee is screwed- he is totally outnumbered.  He always joked he would need to get a big, male dog someday but I don't think he is joking anymore.  Its his only shot at having another male around.   Everyone asks me if he wanted a boy (mostly because Lee kind of oozes man and testosterone and all that dude stuff...) and to be honest- he actually wanted a girl.  He has got the crazy emotional ups and downs on lock, can do a mean braid, and is getting pretty good at his girl "fash-on" (as Ledoux puts it.) He'd have been happy either way, but girls are what he knows.  And look at that pic? He's a natural!

So friends, here we are- the return of the good old bloggy blog.  I head to my first OB appointment in Israel tomorrow... pray for me mmmmk?  And also, if you are actually going to pray for me, also pray for Lee.  He wasn't here when I was pregs with Ledoux so I am allowing myself full reign to feel all the crazy I didn't get to feel then and send it all his way.  I lost my shit this week because all I wanted was potato soup- I'll spare you the details but when I want potato soup, apparently its life and death.  Atleast you would have thought that given my outburst of tears when we couldn't find it anywhere.  Im a psycho. Totally happy to admit that.  Who in the eff cries about potatoes?  

Pray for Lee, prayer people. Pray Hard.

Stay tuned for all the fun "pregnant in israel" stories to come.  

XO


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Following Our Arrow. Design by Fearne.